POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skies (3 of n) : Re: Skies (3 of n) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skies (3 of n)
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 8 Nov 2007 05:05:00
Message: <web.4732de627579baf9e8ba46670@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> >     I particularily like this one.
>

>      Sorry, I meant 'sky_7.png'. 'Sky_9.png' looks good too, but I see this
> more as a sunset or sunrise, so, a lot more red in there maybe? Casting red
> over the land too?
>

>        ~Steve~

Thanks!

The sphere and the ground are plain white and radiosity is on. If you use a
color picker, you can notice they take a tint according to the colors of the
clouds and the that of the sky. In daylight, they get a yellowish tint where
exposed to the sun, and blueish in shadows, which is the natural behaviour.

Render times for a 640*480 with an Athlon 3000 is 1 to 24 hours, depending on
the number of layers, the sun's elevation, the number of intervals/samples I
need and adaptive method's behaviour. Lines near the horizon take the longest
of course. Normally, in RL there is always some haze or fog hiding this part.
But I want to keep it clear for those tests. However haze or fog can be
obtained with a layer and an appropriate density function.

Here is another try that took about 1:40 to render. I highlight that 70% of
these scene are occupied by the skyscape. In normal outdoor scenes, it is less
because you have something else to show. But I want for my own pleasure to make
scene where the sky is the subject (TC-RTC topic ;)?).

    Bruno

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sky_16.png' (254 KB)